Hair Extensions At Home Care
- Brush thoroughly with a BOAR BRISTLE BRUSH on the base and bond area
- Sort and separate the strands by hand
- Tie your hair before going to sleep
- Brush and sort thoroughly before washing
- Always use Sulfate Free Shampoo and use a conditioner for thick hair (heavy condition)
- Never rub the hair while washing
- Don’t wash upside down, always wash standing up, from top down.
- Always rinse well
- Do not pull hair when wet
- Keep the bonds as dry as possible. Always blow dry as soon as possible after washing. Never leave water for long periods on the bonds
- Finish with a leave in conditioner each time after washing
- DO NOT USE ARGAN OIL, MOROCCAN OIL or andy oil on the bond area of your new set of Hair Extensions. This will cause them to slip. It is ok to use on the ends however.
- ALWAYS DRY THE BONDS RIGHT AWAY
- Never overheat the hair/bondings with a blow dryer
- Depending on style: blow dry, roll up, scrunch, curl or flat iron
If you want to keep your new set of hair extensions to always look healthy, and shiny, please follow your at home care and only use salon products for your Great Lengths and Hair Dreams extensions.
Follow up with Teri to check your hair extensions after the first two months.
Loosing a few bonds during the wear time is COMPLETELY normal and to be expected. They will typically slide out while brushing if the bonds become weak.
Determining the “WEAR” I.E. (2,4,6 months) time is an unknown for your first set. This is determined by your hair growth, type and density.
Remember that your scalp is NOT creating natural oils that coat the hair extensions as your natural hair does, so in order to keep your extensions in tip top shape, trim every 6 weeks to dust the ends and keep them shiny and manageable.